Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default McChrystal

On 7/10/2010 4:51 PM, Wes wrote:
Gunner wrote:

I'm sure there are publishers trying to court him. I'd just like to know the real, 'no
chit' story on this. Like many things, it is likely going to be a mystery.

Wes

Want to start a pool, that his book is written in less than a year?

Tough call there. If he knows he screwed up, not a chance, if he feels he got screwed
over maybe but he might be that kind of guy that will take the hit because he might feel
partially at blame. I'm going to go with not likely at this point.

Wes

Of course he screwed up. The only other possibility is that he
"engineered" the situation so he would get himself fired, and that just
isn't plausible. So he didn't get screwed over unless you believe
screwing yourself is not self inflicted. But the other question is what
is going to happen to him for his blundering. My guess is that he's
going to come out of it smelling like a rose. There will be a book. Then
he'll be all over the media like Palin is promoting his book and
himself. Then he'll hook up with some big businesses that are making
billions by providing products to the military and get a cushy and well
paid job. So you'll have a guy who lied about Pat Tillman's death and
tried to cover it up. A guy who blundered badly by blabbing to the press
about his complaints about the war. The end result of those mistakes
will wind up making him rich and famous. You have to love a country
where someone can screw up and wind up so much better off for it. Either
that or you have to just shake your head at how completely unfair things
are here. I mean, how many of us get to make big mistakes and not have
to pay a heavy price for it?

Hawke