Fred the Red Shirt

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

Cape Cod Bob wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 13:51:21 GMT, (Doug Miller)

Why are the do-gooders, health nazis, lay and professional, and
elected reps so afraid tin stand up against drinking?

We tried that once, and it didn't work. Remember Prohibition?

I'm not asking for a repeal, nor would I want that. I enjoy a drink
too. I want the same treatment as tobacco. 1) Righteous
indignation, 2) taxed to high hell. How about $15 for a six-pack?,
3) The same "advertising" of alcohol abuse as for smoking.

How about if tobacco were to _only _ be as retricted as alcohol?

Ever see booze in a vending machine?
Ever see teenagers drinking beer infront of police officers?
How many places permit drinking in public?

Not arguing for or against it, but just think about it?

--

FF