Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Quarter round MDF?

Dave Liquorice
wibbled on Sunday 11 July 2010 13:32

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:49:51 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Why not make the boxing out of MDF and use a router to make the

edge
round?

No router...

But you neeeeeeed a router Tim!

But does MDF route nicely? The surfaces is hard and smooth but the
core tends to be a bit soft and fibrous.

Yes, I do need a router, but ideally I'd like to do with with minimum
effort, just gluing, cut the ends (mitre) to go round the room[1] and hang
on upside down shelf brackets (between lamps) and a batten along the back
edge.

[1] I'm undecided whether to make stand alone lamp boxes or to run it round.
I think the latter will give a certain continuity. But again, it might look
weird for the bits that don't have tubes in?...

--
Tim Watts