Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Whole house fan - possible to add variable speed?

Lee B wrote:

Thanks. Is that something an electrician could tell by looking at the
unit? (No point in telling me what to look for, I'm not built for
climbing a ladder up into that little trap door to the attic... or
worse trying to climb back down!). I got the old fan at Sears and
also got the variable speed dial there. I can't remember what I paid
for that fan 20+ yr ago, but I know it wasn't a top of the line or
anything special. I sort of assumed they all worked the same and was
surprised when I encountered this one.

Yes, an electrician will know in short order what type of motor is in your
unit.

Jon