Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Do ozone generators really kill mold spores?

On Jul 10, 2:41*pm, Caesar Romano wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 08:37:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote
Re Do ozone generators really kill mold spores?:

However, we were told by one duct cleaning company that he saw mold.
So we of course got a little freaked out.

As well you should.

Provided it is th truth and not just a ploy for more business?

We have had tremendous fuss here about closing down schools/sending
students home etc. because of mould etc. It seems, IMO to have
followed all the super insulation and other energy saving techniques
of the last 30 years. And to boil down to stupid things like windows
that don't open, insufficient ventilation while several hundred active
children and staff are inside the building for some 7 hour per day
etc. Also improper understanding about vapour barriers etc.
All things that can be overcome/controlled by common sense
procedures.
An allied concern throughout parts of NA was/is Legionnaires Disease,
unclean AC systems containing and maintaining disease spores and
seniors/veterans being more susceptible in later life.
Cheers.