Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default New furnace burns rocks

On Jul 10, 4:31*am, Molly Brown wrote:
On Jul 8, 11:05*pm, wrote:

I heard they just developed a new furnace that burns rocks. *Just fill
it with rocks, chunks of concrete, gravel, or sand and it will burn
them and heat the average home on about a ton of rocks for an entire
winter. *That sounds like a cheap fuel. *Does anyone know how they
would get the rocks to burn? *Thats the part I cant figure out.

Theoretically you could burn rocks if you could get the temperature
high enough as for example an electrical arc.

Afraid not. Rocks are already burnt. Millions of years ago in a
nuclear furnace some of them. You could melt them maybe.