Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Gluing brass

wrote in message
On Jul 8, 2:03 am, "Michael Koblic" wrote:

What am I missing? BTW it is the *brass* side of things where the glues
do
not stick.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Brass does not play well with epoxies. If I recall correctly it is
the copper that causes the problem. You can buy epoxy that is
especially formulated to work with copper at your big box store. It
is sold to glue copper pipe so look for it in the plumbing section.
About two or three times as expensive as ordinary epoxy.

Looks like this may have to be explored.
BTW my reply to your PM was bounced. Your points were noted, thanks.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC