Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

On 11/07/2010 11:38, geoff wrote:
In message , Clive
George writes
On 11/07/2010 02:03, geoff wrote:
In message , Clive
George writes
On 11/07/2010 00:46, wrote:
On 11 Jul,
wrote:

I am not sure that dropping my speed to 56mph will only cost me 10
minutes.

I find going flat out doesn't increase average speed by much. On local
journeys I average about 30. Flat out I might manage 32. Going for
maximum
economy I might average 29. Not a lot in it. Try it and post back.
You may be
suprised.

On local journeys going flat out I average 16-17 mph,

Was that mpg?

No, mph :-)

I've lost it here

Are you on a pushbike then

(or tandem wi't missus on't back)

Indeed - yes to both. Hence the problem with the idea of going for
maximum economy :-)
The PP did specify local journeys - not much point in taking the car a
mile to town, when the bikes can handle pretty much any trip there
(including groceries and 13kg gas cylinders).

less if its hillier or if I'm with my wife. I'm not sure about the
idea of going for maximum economy - seems odd to me for those trips.