Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , geoff
writes
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2010-07-10, Tim Lamb wrote:

To support Dennis, yes that's me in the middle lane at 75mph

In the middle lane? Get out of the damn way.

He is entitled to be in the middle lane if he overtaking a slower vehicle.
I would probably be overtaking him in the 3rd lane if his speedo was
as bad as mine as 75 on the speedo is only 67 really.
However I have a calibrated speedo that is accurate to 1 mph

Sorry, run that again

how regularly do you get your speedometer calibrated and against what

ISTR that motorway phone boxes are 1 mile apart. If the road is clear
enough to maintain a fixed speed you could time the interval.

Accurate to 1mph without fluctuation or deviation?

... And what would dangerous den do when he found that he had become
more than 2mph out ?

Suicide?

He hasn't mentioned GPS.

regards