Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

In message vt6_n.239760$_m6.124885@hurricane, ARWadsworth
writes

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
In article p%5_n.239449$_m6.102110@hurricane,
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message sM1_n.194954$Hs4.126481@hurricane, ARWadsworth
writes

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2010-07-10, Tim Lamb wrote:

To support Dennis, yes that's me in the middle lane at 75mph

In the middle lane? Get out of the damn way.

He is entitled to be in the middle lane if he overtaking a slower
vehicle.
I would probably be overtaking him in the 3rd lane if his speedo was
as
bad as mine as 75 on the speedo is only 67 really.

However I have a calibrated speedo that is accurate to 1 mph and
virtually
nothing actually overtakes when I am doing a real 70 mph. I really
can
drive for miles on the M6 at 70 and only be overtaken by a handful of
cars.

Of course no cars CAN overtake you whist you are hogging lane three.

But then, of course, unless he's actually overtaking, he shouldn't be
in lane 3 (or lane 2 for that matter)

There is "overtaking" and there is "going past another car at 1mph faster
than the car you are overtaking". If the car in lane 2 is doing 69mph
Dennis will not put his foot down to get get past and so is hogging lane
3.

So are you suggesting he should break the speed limit? Just checking.

--
Tim

Yes.

A **** in lane 3 doing 70mph overtaking a car doing 69mph in lane 2 is a
danger on the motorway.

That is why motorways do not flow properly.

And.. allowing joining traffic to move immediately to the outside lane
causes hold-ups and annoys other drivers.

Portugal and F1 have solid lines prohibiting just such behaviour.

regards

--
Tim Lamb