Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Craftsman push lawnmower wobble after hitting rocks won't start

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:11:55 -0700 (PDT), Eric in North TX
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plktb3a_-MI
Around 4.01 he taps it off, he doesn't even bother with the prybar.

Apparently you've never taken a flywheel off.

Based on what? I've never seen one put up that little fight, but am
open to the possibility.
Perhaps that Canuk has talent.

IME, it came off easy, because it is a horizontal crank _and_ the
shear key was not sheared (you can still see in the crank key way).
When the key shears it binds the flywheel and crank shaft. IOW,
harder to get off for those without a "puller". It can be done.

Once I popped a flywheel on a vertical shaft: placed a 2 ba fer on the
nut and whacked it with a hammer.