Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Digging a 50-foot ling 6-inch deep 4-inch wide trench on a rocky steep slope?

Terra Arcane wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 07:10:31 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Assuming you already have power to the gate, why not investigate an
RF remote control do-dad?

In hind sight, that may have been a better choice (although it leaves
an unsightly pole standing up out of the ground).

But it's too late now as I've been using the current 50' car sensor
for a few months. Currently it's above ground but with all this heat,
it could break down as it's designed to be buried.

No, I mean something like a door annunciator. When the door opens, a signal
is sent to a remote ding-dong device. There are probably even
battery-powered ones. You'd just have to align it so the movement of the
gate triggers it.