Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Woodworking Auction Today. Some real nice Cherry wood

All
Went to a Woodworking auction today. Lots or nice lots of real nice
wood. And prices were good. WOW. I bought 28 pieces of Cherry. My
weakness. 2X6, 8, 10, 12 and some in between sizes. Everything 8' to
12' long. All nice and dry as usual in AZ. Almost clear of knots. Just
a few here and there. And reasonably straight. Stored it in my Sisters
storage room.

Some questions. I knew or think I know that 5/4ths lumber will plane
clean 1". So is lumber that planes clean 2", 9/4ths? And does lumber
that planes clean to an even inch size command a premium.

What does Cherry lumber go for like this?

Also bought 50 or so mortise drills and the square chisels that go
with them. Never had any of these. Any pointers about these? Are the
holders expensive?

Also a blast gate that looks like it is remote controlled with an air
supply.

Thanks for any input.

Bob AZ