Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The mill is creeeeepy

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:15:28 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

"Ignoramus30064" wrote in message
m...
... Because it "creeps".

I have only one axis (x) wired right now. When the drive is powered on,
but with no input signal, the table imperceptibly slowly creeps. I
only noticed it because some tools fell off the table as it moved by
perhaps 8 inches in an hour.

There is a "test/offset" pot on the board that, if turned properly,
shifts input signal and makes the table move. I could easily set it so
that the mill does not _visibly_ move. I have not, however, been able
to get rid of the slow creep.

I may call AMC on Monday to find out.

Normally I have my controller controlling before powering the servo drives.
Sounds like your amps are normal but you probably need the control on before
the amps and the amps off before turning the control off.

Rogern

Ayup.

Gunner

Gunner Asch