Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Using a spring to bend pipe?

On 7/10/2010 12:54 PM, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
Tim Wescott wrote:

On 07/09/2010 07:31 PM, Buerste wrote:
"John wrote in message
Is there anything to know besides sticking the pipe through the
spring and bending it?

Thanks.

Make sure that the pipe goes in the correct end of the spring. It has to
wind CCW from the top. If you get it wrong just turn the spring around.

Are you sure I don't need a left-handed monkey wrench to take it apart
if I get it wrong?

I think you can fix that with a can of vacuum, too, but I can't remember
the details.

I can't seem to locate an MSDS for vacuum.

We laugh at "can of vacuum" but if you look under the hood of '76
Lincoln you'll find a coffee can being used as a vacuum
reservoir--maintains a pressure low enough to work the headlight covers
several times.