Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default RS & Parcelforce

In message , Alan
writes
In message , geoff
wrote

I get this all the time "can't you just post it?"

No I f'king can't

Probably the correct thing to do if you don't want repeat business.

Ha ha, so far from reality

Why do eejits say such stupid things ?

These days you could print off your own stamp after paying on line.

What on 20 items which I would have to leave work for to take down to
the post office, losing potentially dozens of orders

.... or send one of my employees to drop what they are doing

.... or emoploy someone specially to do it - thus raising my prices

and then when they lose something "if it doesn't turn up on 30 days,
fill in this form"

do get real

My gripe about a lot of companies is that they over-pack items.
Something small and unbreakable that should be sent in the smallest
jiffy bag will treated as a priceless Ming vase with a ton of bubble
warp. I'm sure that the unskilled people they employ in their dispatch
departments sometimes have competitions to see who can pack the
smallest item in the largest box.

--
geoff