Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RS & Parcelforce

Alan wrote:
In message , geoff wrote

I get this all the time "can't you just post it?"

No I f'king can't

Probably the correct thing to do if you don't want repeat business.

These days you could print off your own stamp after paying on line.

My gripe about a lot of companies is that they over-pack items.
Something small and unbreakable that should be sent in the smallest
jiffy bag will treated as a priceless Ming vase with a ton of bubble
warp. I'm sure that the unskilled people they employ in their dispatch
departments sometimes have competitions to see who can pack the smallest
item in the largest box.

conversely until you have seen a box full of balsa wood marked 'fragile'
BROKEN IN HALF with tyre tracks all over it.... the cost in terms of
wasted time money and customer relations is something else.