Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Issues surrounding the use of lead-free solder

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Thought this from another newsgroup might be of interest to one
or two people here. I would probably go, but I'm too busy that day.

In article ,
"N_Cook" writes:
Monthly talks on a science or technology topic, followed by plenty of time
for Questions and Answers.

July talk, monday 12 July 2010 , in the upper room of the South Western
Arms, 36 Adelaide Rd, St Denys, SO17 2HW , 7pm for 7:30 start, free entry.

Title: A 21st century plague - some reasons for failures/problems in
electronic equipment.
Issues surrounding the use of lead-free solder in electronics products sold
in Europe since 2006, tin-pest , tin whiskers, poor solder joints and
related matters.

Ha - I've just bought 25 x 500g reels of 40/60

Should see me through the next year

--
geoff