Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Whole house fan - possible to add variable speed?

"DA" wrote in message
oups.com...
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ed-452575-.htm
DA wrote:

Lee B wrote:

Current house came with a whole house fan (not an attic fan, but the
kind in a hallway ceiling that sucks air into the attic). I was happy
to see that because I really liked the one in my old house.

It sucks conditioned air from inside the house into the attic? Is it a
finished attic? Otherwise I can't see any logic in using this fan. Sounds
like the only speed setting you'd want on it is OFF.

Only makes since in certain climates. Hawaii would be one. Areas near the
coast etc. They work basically the same as a evaporative cooler but without
the cooling pads. I've suggested it for people that have a very limited
budget and a place to draw cool air in. Better than nothing.