Posted to alt.home.repair
Terra Arcane Terra Arcane is offline

Default Digging a 50-foot ling 6-inch deep 4-inch wide trench on a rocky steep slope?

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 07:22:55 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

In rocky soil, my weapon of choice would be a grub hoe- like a
pick-axe, but one side is a heavy duty hoe.

I have one of those 'pick mattocks'. It may have to be my weapon of choice
but I'm looking for a more automated solution (if one exists that can
handle a steep slope).

Hopefully, I'll use the pressure washer before I start swinging stuff.

I'm hoping the pressure washer will hose away the soil and rocky chips on
the slope and the mud will run down away from the hole (down the driveway).

But I was just wondering if there was a 'special tool' that could be used.
I might try compressed air but it's easier getting a garden hose down to
the driveway than 220 volts.