Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Steel Conduit Question

"Buerste" wrote in
:

"Doug White" wrote in message
. ..
OK, I have now established proper metal content. The issue is more
of an electrical code issue, and I'm hoping the wealth of knowledge
of the usual suspects can help me out.

snip

Did you know that standard paintballs fit perfectly in 1/2 EMT? With
your air compressor, 10' of conduit and a bag of paintballs, you can
have a lot of fun with your neighbors. I only mention this because
you probably don't get to do conduit work very often and you might as
well make the most of it.

Oh, I've had a LOT of fun over the years with conduit. If you roll up &
tape a narrow cone of paper and run a long sheet rock screw in from the
back, you get a very functional blow gun dart. About 4 feet of EMT is
right. We used to call them "hoob tubes" from the sound you make blowing
a dart out at high speed. There are probably still holes & the
occasional wood screw scattered around my old dorm at MIT from
experiments. Driven with an air charged fire extinguisher, they could be
deadly.

Conduit blow guns are also very effective with "spit wads". MIT used to
have a weird toilet paper called Springfield Oval that had a special 1-
sheet-at-a-time dispenser. A sheet of Springfield Oval was the perfect
material to wet down, wad up & launch from a Hoob Tube.

Then there was the "Doomsday Wad" someone made from several entire rolls.
But I digress...

Doug White