Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default The mill is creeeeepy

In article ,
Ignoramus30064 wrote:

On 2010-07-10, Karl Townsend wrote:

I use a lot of AMCs on OmniTurn cnc lathes..but dont want to compare
them with mill uses.

Gunner

There is a tuning method for tuning the amps, but while I can provide
the OmniTurn version for AMC....no idea of what does what with your new
control.

Sounds to me like if the above issues are clear..it needs to be properly
tuned. Something is set too high if the above issues are negative.

Gunner

No question, just need a little jewelers screwdriver and the instructions
from the AMC site or I'm sure the Omniturn is a copy of this.

I tried adjusting one thing so far, which is the test/offset pot, to
no avail.

"Off" is a slippery concept. It sounds like you have a very slight leakage
current somewhere. It could be anything; one never eliminates them all. I
would short the input out and see what the creep rate becomes. It won't be zero
unless you are under closed-loop control. Nor is 8"/hour all that bad for open
loop.

Joe Gwinn