Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default McChrystal

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 23:31:23 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote the following:

The General and the Community Organizer

by Paul R. Hollrah
June 24, 2010

--big snip--
But what is now lost in all of the hand-wringing and speculation is
the fact that McChrystal and his people have succeeded in doing
exactly what they set out to do. They wanted to plant the seed in the
minds of the American people that Obama is not up to the task of being
Commander in Chief and that he does not command the respect of the men
and women of the uniformed services… from the newest Private E-1 up to
the top four-star generals and admirals.

That seed is now firmly planted and it cannot be unplanted.

From this day forward, no one will have to tell the American people
that Stanley McChrystal is a true warrior, a man's man, and that
Barack Obama is nothing more than a… community organizer. Well done,
General!

Kudos, Paul, and thanks, Don. May I say "I told you so!" now?

The ACORN didn't fall far from the tree, did it?
"Constraint" medal, my ass...

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following