Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On 7/10/2010 4:04 AM, Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
if
you're going to do this stuff, and accept what is established as
acceptable,
without applying your own sense of reasoning to each step of this
process.
Your ideas are not bad ideas, but you are re-inventing wheels that
have long
been invented. You go overboard in the things you do. You would really
benefit yourself if you spent the time to learn the realities of
electrical
work, and not rely so much on the ideas in your head.

Perhaps best if you don't seek a career in science thinking like that...
I'll tell ya what, why don't we respect each others' processes.
In my field, if you don't go "overboard", you don't get anything.
We have to go pretty far overboard to get much at all.
Just saying.

Bill, electrical wiring is not science, it's a skilled trade, and if you
go at it like a tradesman you'll make more progress faster. There's a
thick, moderately expensive (by textbook standards), poorly bound book
called the "National Electrical Code Handbook" from the NFPA (not to be
confused with the similarly titled book from McGraw-Hill) that you might
want to get. Has the full text of the NEC and explanatory material that
shows how it is to be applied in many commonplace situations. Most
decent libraries will have a copy.