Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Should have got one years ago - welding auto-mask

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Got one of these some time ago and I'd say it essential for anyone other
than the most skilled.

All I need now is some tips on welding 1mm steel on the car. I can't seem
to find that sweet spot between burning holes and the wire sticking to the
steel. I've got a SIP Migmate Turbo 130. Using argon.

A gas welder?
I tried it (on a Hillman avenger) with a stick welder once and then used
gas.
Its been 35 years since and I have never tried to weld sheet that thin
since.
I suspect its practice and more practice.