Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default filling hinge mortises?

dpb wrote:
N8N wrote:

shim stock or shingles could be made to work but would require a lot
of planing/sanding, is there any wood product that you can think of
that is flat and 3/16" or more thick (but obviously not so thick that
it would require excessive planing/sanding when done) ...

A small piece of pine w/ decent grain and a (sharp) block plane will
make quick work of it.

--

And we have a winner! Don't over-think this, it isn't that hard. Square
up the hinge mortises with a sharp chisel, and cut a square-cornered

--
aem sends...