Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default 9" Bandsaw adjustment

wrote in message
I am using a Delta 9" benchtop bandsaw. I bought
it years ago to just make some rather small cuts quickly.

I made what I thought were the right adjustments. I noticed that
the guides are a bit coarser than my 18" Jet, but again,
it's simple cuts I'm making.

Anyways, I'm trying to make a simple straight cut. I noticed
the blade drifts dramatically. More so than I thought. Over
a simple 4 or 5 inch cut, it drifts about 1/4 inch or more. I'm
using a straight fence. That's a lot of drift. I'm cutting 3/4" ply.

Is this much drift t to be expected with these smaller saws? The
blade is very small as well.

I know I could get a straighter cut with the JET, but I'd
like to use the smaller one for this work that I'm doing.
Would a larger blade help?

Help!

MJ

So why not use the Jet for the somple cuts??? I do somple cuts with my 16"
Laguna.