Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

dennis@home wrote:
"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian
saying something like:

Your driving instructor clearly failed to pass on one of the more
important pieces of advice that mine (ex-Class 1 Police instructor)
made sure I took in.

Beware of smug old gits sticking rigidly to the limits?

Anyone that thinks there are fixed limits doesn't know how to drive.
They are and always have been variable limits in the UK.. the maximum
safe speed up to the posted speed limit.

"the maximum safe speed up to the posted limit." I quoted. Just circa 12
months ago, you posited that there were other reasons for limits such as
noise in urban areas. I acknowledged that you were right. Now, you are
saying that the limits are maximum "safe" limits. You cannot have it both
ways.

Its the idiots that think they must exceed it that are a problem,
usually because they can't even work out why there is a posted limit
and, hence, think that it doesn't apply to them.

Hey, dennis, there's a cat in your garden!