Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RS & Parcelforce

In article ,
"brass monkey" writes:

I'm amazed that RS get any orders with their horrific prices.
I open each one of their 'special price' emails and with jaw dropped say HOW
MUCH?

That's my reaction when I'm paying too.

However, companies seem to like to have accounts with them for buying
one-offs, modelshop/prototype manufacture, etc. and I've worked for
companies who insist we ordered from RS.

I don't imagine many companies would be using them as a supplier for
a production line though. Certainly, when I worked for a computer
manufacturer some 15 years ago, development staff ordered their bits
from RS, but when products were handed over to the production line,
the production line buyer would source direct from the manufacturers
or distributors.

--
Andrew Gabriel