Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

Adrian wrote:
(Sn!pe) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

If posted speed limits have nothing to do with safety, what are they
for?

Energy saving and pollution reduction, to name but two.

Cool. So if I drive a small, lightweight, well maintained car; does that
mean I can have a higher speed limit than somebody driving a badly
maintained big fat heavy bloaty thing?

Occasionally it's noise. There's a B road along the edge of town near
me where the limit was set for noise. Of course you still get people
red-lining along it at 1am with extra loud exhausts.

Besides which, the limit on that road is the same for HGVs and cars.
Which is blatantly wrong for any of the reasons.

Andy