Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

On 09/07/2010 19:53, geoff wrote:
In message , Invisible Man
writes
On 08/07/2010 23:56, geoff wrote:
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Adrian" wrote in message
"dennis@home" gurgled happily,
sounding
much like they were saying:

Isn't a drivers priority to expect other drivers to obey the rules?

Your driving instructor clearly failed to pass on one of the more
important pieces of advice that mine (ex-Class 1 Police instructor)
made sure I took in.

That's odd, mine was too and he said the same.

Wasn't Bob H, in Bakewell, was it?

Not that I recall, it was a long time ago.

Every other person on the road IS an incompetent lunatic and they
ARE
trying to kill you.

Of course once you start driving you soon realise he was telling the
truth.

Breaking you in gently, if anything.

He also said that passing your test doesn't mean you can drive, just
that you can go and learn by yourself.
Its a shame so many don't learn anything later.
I think compulsory re-tests every 5 years would be a good idea to sort
out the drivers that don't improve.

And how are you going to achieve that braniac ?

they can't even cope with the first timers and if you hadn't noticed,
money is short in the public sector, cutbacks and redundancies are being
made across the public sector

**** me you're a retard

Mind you, if it got you off the road it would be worth it

I would say retests every 10 years. We don't give out gun licenses for
life.

How many people apply for gun licences?

Quite a few. There are a lot more motorists but also a lot more people
killed by cars often as a result of driver ignorance or stupidity. I
dealt with a lot of fatal and injury claims but I can only recall two
that were not partially or wholly a driver's fault.
1)Rope not on a vehicle apparently got thrown up and wrapped around the
prop shaft and air brake pipe of an HGV. Air brakes failed safe in on
position and truck skidded across road and hit minibus head.
2)Brake lining contaminated by leaking slave cylinder. Car went across
road under heavy braking head on into lorry loaded with gas cylinders.
Some others were contributed to by completely unexpected diesel spills
on road etc.