Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator problem?

On Jul 9, 12:41*pm, Shaun Eli wrote:
Some suggestions:

1. Make sure the fridge has air circulation behind it. In other words,
don't push it all the way against the wall or in a corner.

2. Make sure that where the cold air comes out inside the fridge isn't
blocked by large objects. Same for the freezer.

3. Check the gaskets.

4. If you've got kids, yell at 'em the way your parents yelled at you
about leaving the door open while they look inside.

5. If there's a setting that affects the temperature DIFFERENCE
between the fridge and the freezer, try adjusting that.

Shaun Eliwww.BrainChampagne.com
copyright 2010 by Shaun Eli. All rights reserved.

I would say it's most definitely NOT normal. Any refrigerator that is
functioning properly should be capable of maintaining about 38 degrees
with an ambient in the 90s. If there is no obvious problem that you
can find, like a blocked air passage, or clogged fins on the
condenser, etc, I'd say it's time for a call to the manufacturer.
Temps in the high 40s are in the danger zone for food spoilage.