Posted to alt.home.repair
Borrall Wonnell[_2_] Borrall Wonnell[_2_] is offline

Default Basic stairway 'adjustment'

On Jul 9, 1:25*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jul 9, 5:19*am, Borrall Wonnell wrote:

I've got 7 steps in my concrete-floor basement leading to a landing.
Now I'm adding a subfloor with a height of 1.25". *Stair stringers
will now rest on top of the subfloor. *Which is the best option?

WHy so thick a subfloor? 1/2" is closer to what most of us would have
expected.- Hide quoted text -

Thick subfloor? Most 'standard' subfloors around here consist of 2x4
sleepers laid flat + 5/8 plywood.
The subfloor is 1/2" extruded (high-density) styrofoam + 5/8 OSB.
Sold in 2'x2' T&G pieces here in Canada.

The basement measures 92" from concrete floor to ceiling joists, so
I'm trying to reduce my height loss while simultaneously insulating
the area.