Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default The fragrance of tools

We all know about the Harbor Freight stink, of Cosmoline and cheap
rubber and other suchlike. Well I had a rather different experience
today. My old Stanley ratchet (not Yankee) screwdriver walked off and I
needed to replace it. I was in Home Depot anyway and looked at the
tools and there was a Husky that looked the same except for a rubber
handle, so went with that rather than drive around hunting for a
Stanley. Got home, opened it up, and was much surprised to find that it
smelled of Hoppes #9. Why they were using nitro powder solvent on a
screwdriver I have no idea but it certainly makes a better impression
than the 3 buck HF toggle clamps I picked up a couple of days ago.