Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default Aluminum V-Belt Speed Reducer Ultra Light 'Auto' Engine 'Airplane' Propeller

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 23:19:36 -0400, wrote:

I woudn't use V belts - a properly set up toothed belt perhaps on a 4
cyl - but the gearbox with the BMW cush-drive is the best setup.

V belts seem to be time-tested on the Rotorway. Some info here
http://www.epi-eng.com/rotorway_heli...belt_drive.htm.
I didn't realize that the belts were tied together in pairs. Anyway,
it seems like most use toothed belts. Harder for an amateur to
machine, but lighter and less friction than V belts I presume.

Wayne