Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default RS & Parcelforce

Dave Osborne wrote:
Got a letter from RS Components this morning entitled "Improvements In
Delivery Service" and going on to say that from 19th July, orders will
be delivered by Parcelforce Worldwide.

They say "By making Parcelforce Worldwide our partner, we will
continue to bring you the high level service you have come to expect
as your order is being handled[1] by one of the worlds'[2] largest
and most respected logistics experts, with [...] a delivery track
record that's second to none."

"We work hard to bring you the best service in the industry and we are
confident that you won't see any change in the quality of our delivery
service."

Another nail in the coffin? Or is the RS contract big enough to make
Parcelforce pull their corporate sleeves up and deliver on their
promises (pun intended)?

Cheers,
DaveyOz

[1] This should of course read "your future orders will be handled",
but hey ho.

[2] should be world's. Unless, that is, Parcelfarce has gone galactic
whilst I wasn't looking. Maybe they deliver to the ISS.

"Improvements In Delivery Service"...........

"and we are confident that you won't see any change in the quality of our
delivery service."

so where's the improvement then?

What they should have stated was the truth, 'We have found some knobheads
who will do the same crappy service but at less cost to us, enjoy'

It's like the dreaded words 'new and improved recipie' on one of your
regular groceries, what they mean is, 'we've sourced one of the ingredients
for a penny a tonne cheaper in Pakistan, so now we're using this inferior
****e instead of the other inferior ****e you are used to, by the way, it
tastes **** all like it used to'

--
Phil L