Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_3_] Sunworshipper[_3_] is offline

Default Aluminum V-Belt Speed Reducer Ultra Light 'Auto' Engine 'Airplane' Propeller

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 21:23:29 -0400, axolotl
wrote:

On 7/8/2010 5:29 PM, Sunworshipper wrote:
Well, got myself in a pickle this time. I answered an ad with some guy
wanting lathe work done, he said it was a couple of groves in pulleys.
Come to find out he wants me to design, engineer, and build a speed
reducer for a Geo Metro engine powered hmmm plane.

Ted Edwards put pictures of an aircraft speed reducer he fabricated
(with a Smithy)in the dropbox.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_2004_retired_files/Prop_speed_reducer.pdf

Kevin Gallimore

Great find, looks like they had the same problems I was thinking of.

SW