Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recessing PVC Pipe Inside Interior Concrete Block Wall

On Jul 8, 7:16*pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
Between my Utility Room (Laundry and Ironing) and the Garage is a 4" thick
concrete block wall. *I need to run a 2" PVC vent pipe up this wall and it
would save me a lot of trouble if I can recess the pipe into the wall.

This wall is NOT structural. *In other words, the top of the wall is not
supporting anything on the roof, it is 8' tall and free standing. *My
question is if I chisel out one side of a 4" thick concrete block wall
(which is really not 4" thick right?) will I be able to completely recess a
nominal 2" PVC fitting (not pipe, but the fitting which is larger in
diameter) into the cavity without breaking the other side of the face?

I know this is an obscured question, and if I have a 4" block laying around
I would just break one side of it and try it, but I don't have one and
thought if someone here might know.

Thanks in advance.

MC

Measure the maximum size of a fitting, and measure the wall, and see
if there is anything left when you subtract the pipe dimension from
the block thickness.