Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Concrete Construstion

chaniarts wrote:
Abby Brown wrote:
Hi,

Concrete construction is common in Central America and other
Latin American locales. Other than being hurricane and
earthquake resistant what are the advantages and disadvantages
of this construction?

Thanks,
Gary

termite and insect proof
more long lasting

Not to mention, in a lot of areas in the world, trees big enough and
straight enough to make lumber out of, are a long expensive distance
away. Even in southern US coastal areas, because of the climate, I'd
look real hard at concrete- I own a house in Lake Charles, LA, and the
climate down there rots anything wood-based in a few short years.

--
aem sends...