Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drop in tub against walls

On Jul 8, 1:01*pm, Eric in North TX wrote:
I have a nice drop-in fiberglass jacuzzi tub with all the goodies, I
want to put in place of a regular tub. I'm pretty determined, and have
a few thoughts, but would appreciate the *insight of the group. I plan
to notch the walls to accept the edge of the tub, then put the drywall
(or backer board up). I'll need electricity, so the wall at the head
of the tub will be totally stripped and reworked and an access panel
left (Fortunately that wall is just a room divider backing on to the
sink area.) My main concern is the area where the deck meets the wall,
normally a tub has an "L" there to keep the water from seeping behind,
with this being designed as a drop in it doesn't. I thought about
bonding aluminum angle to the edge & while perhaps unsightly &
overkill, that would probably work. This is where the community might
know a lot more than I do.

It looks like this:http://www.tubz.com/images/aquatic/hotsoak55-big.jpg

Maybe cover the backer board with tile???