Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Extreme climate decking materials?

uncle K wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message

There's nothing cheaper, certainly, and it's plenty hot and sunny here
as well (SW KS) and my experience w/ Trex, et al. is they don't handle
the UV well and they're particularly unsuited owing to the high heat
capacity (it's like walking on the hot pizza tomato paste kinda'
feeling)...

I hear that. Trex sure seems like a good idea, but even in the cool
PNW*, it doesn't look good after a few years. Kind of like tomato paste
with a sprinkle of mildew.

* Tongue in cheek... After a cool, rotten spring, it's going to be
nearly 100° here today.

We, otoh after two weeks of 100F (which was good for wheat harvest) have
had a week of more nearly normal or cooler (80s is cool, 90s normal, 100
is beginning to be hot for us). Almost all of the rest of the state is
in process of being flooded w/ some having had as much as 15" from the
remnants of Alex moisture while we're still begging for more than
sprinkles. It's been drizzly today but still on a few tenths
accumulation; row crops are definitely in a hurt...

Noticed a little bit ago it was nearly 90 in Olympia where younger
daughter is located....she'll be complaining.