Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave__67 Dave__67 is offline

Default Portable tool stand idea

On Jul 8, 11:50*am, Sunworshipper wrote:
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:35:27 -0500, spaco
wrote:

Here's an idea that I have been using for a couple of years to give
myself a place for tools when the workshop I am attending has none where
I need it:

http://www.spaco.org/PortableWorkSta...orkStation.htm

Pete Stanaitis

The dolly part is cool, I don't see that in my notes. I have spiral
note books full of ideas like that.

Power tool docks

Places to hang cords like slots or rubber clamps like for hanging
brooms, that way you don't have to bend over to get the end of the
cord and plug in the next tool.

Multiple tables that can swing out, for heavy tools on lower ones, to
ones up high for cell phone, blackberry, keys, pencils, place to write
down needed materials, ect.

Telescoping flood light up high

Power strip down low, so not to tip over while pulling on cords.

That's it for now, hey, its a work in progress. I came up with the
idea decades ago while working on pools, but never came up with a good
workable idea for the legs to be at different heights cause every pool
bottom is different. It was always a major pain in the back usually as
to where to put the radio to tools without putting everything on the
bottom of the pool.

What I need is an electronic note pad with a search engine to file
notes like these into the same place. Cause I probably have more on
this subject in other note books.

I was thinking of making a couple and see if anyone like them, like I
don't have enough going on.

SW

If you can print/convert to pdf, the acrobat reader has a nice search
utility that will search through all the pdfs at once, and present you
with a click-to-show list of the lines containing the search terms.

Dave