DKSanders

Default builders merchants v's sheds

I've found that the BMs may initially seem pricy, normally give an automatic
discount (especially if you've been in a few times (also remember to chat
with them)) but most importantly, their quality is far and above what you
get in the sheds. I find that I normally pay less than the sheds, sometimes
I pay about the same, but I always get better quality.

"John" wrote in message
Is it me or have the prices in certains sheds for building materials

become
extremely competitive against the builders merchants?

As an example, I priced up some materials for a job (plasterboard, cls
timber for studding, plywood sheets etc). The whole lot came to approx

£192
at B&Q when an equivalent price from a local merchant was £258 (ok it did
include delivery but they are just round the corner).

Have merchants become more expensive or is there some hidden discount I`m
not tapping into ?!

John