Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default return of real solder?

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:37:36 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:

had a small repair job to do this PM and my beloved Weller soldering
station was left in my friend's garage as I've been helping him rewire
an old Avanti...

so I stop at Radio Shack on my way home and pick up the cheapest
soldering iron they have along with a small roll of solder... get home
and I realize the solder is marked "60/40 Rosin Core Solder." Now it
doesn't say what the 60 and the 40 stand for...

The stuff I have here is 63/37 - surprising how different it is to work
with (I really don't like it). I've got a huge reel of 60/40 over in
England that I'll move over here one day (well, customs officials
permitting - I'm not sure if there are rules about such things)...