Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G.[_2_] Denis G.[_2_] is offline

Default Portable tool stand idea

On Jul 7, 10:35*pm, spaco wrote:
Here's an idea that I have been using for a couple of years to give
myself a place for tools when the workshop I am attending has none where
I need it:

http://www.spaco.org/PortableWorkSta...orkStation.htm

Pete Stanaitis

Good idea! I like tips, tricks and ideas of this sort. Recently I’ve
been looking for sleeving to slip over files to keep them from
touching each other and prevent dulling. (I read something by Guy
Lautard a while back about properly storing files and I’ve been guilty
of them together in a drawer.) I thought about making a rack for
them, but it takes up a lot of room. I ended up using this for my
sleeving material:
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-qua...ose-95328.html
The soaker hose is made of black nylon fabric sleeving over green
(PVC?) flexible tubing. If you cut up the hose in sections, most
files will fit in either the black fabric sleeving or green PVC
tubing. They also sell some blue discharge hose, and I plan to get
some for larger files and rasps. I also found a good file brush at a
yard sale and it has a place to store a metal pick on the back of it
to clean out the buildup in the crevices.