Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Paint removal - masonary

Martin Bonner wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:23 pm, stuart noble wrote:
Martin Bonner wrote:
On Jul 4, 8:44 am, harry wrote:
On 3 July, 20:00, mo wrote:
Pressure jet or sandblast. But why bother. If i's stuck on fine, just
leave it.
Agreed.
It's
unaffected by chemical paint removers. You can only get it off with
mechanical means.
The nice man athttp://www.stripperspaintremovers.com/will sell you a
chemical paint remover to remove practically any masonary paint.

Not bad prices, but how come they can package methylene chloride
strippers in plastic? The various brands I've used all come in metal
containers.

I'm not sure it /is/ methylene chloride.

Some of their other products, listed as "solvent based", are. They
are/were running a campaign against EU laws banning the stuff

http://www.stripperspaintremovers.com/ban/

The stuff I used was a two
part gloop, with the second part being formic acid. Normally I'm a
bit cavaliar about hazard warning labels - I paid attention this time!