Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Fluorescent Tube Disposal

On 7/1/2010 7:06 PM, HeyBub wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jul 1, 5:31 am, Steve wrote:
On 7/1/2010 6:36 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I suspect they are serious. I've seen signs in the back doors of
stores at a mall near me, it's illegal, there, to put fluorescent
tubes in the dumpsters. They are actually recycled for the mercury
content.

LMAO!

What's funny? Putting dangerous toxic metals in the regular garbage
is an anti-social act.

A. Trying to extract five milligrams of Mercury from almost anything is
hilarious.

B. Commercial florescent lamps have been around since before WWII. Each bulb
contains upwards of 10 milligrams of Mercury. A lot of bulbs have been put
in landfills in sixty years.

ROTFLMMFAO! Yeah, really. About 47,000 from me alone.

--
Steve Barker