Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Gluing brass

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
I am trying to glue a 0.006" brass foil to a mild steel plate. I have done
it in the past but forgot what I used (note to self: keep better records!).

I have run several small scale trials and for some reason the results are
dismal: JB Weld, Devcon 2-ton, E6000, household Goop, Jelly
cyanoacrylate - the brass just peels off like I am using school glue!

I abrade both surfaces. I clean with acetone. I leave to cure for 24 hours
at least (that includes the CA). Nada!

What am I missing? BTW it is the *brass* side of things where the glues
do not stick.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Contact cement, the kind used for Formica. The kind that will kill you if
you breathe the fumes.