Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

cynic wrote:
On 8 July, 10:20, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"Clot" wrote in message
I think we should ensure that cyclists are not allowed to speed
anywhere!
They aren't, they are subject to the same speed limits as cars.
As there is no legal requirement for bicycles to have speedometers
cyclists cannot be charged with speeding.

They can.
And they have been

Even horse riders have been done for speeding.

Tim- Hide quoted text -

I had a plod point a radar gun at me whilst on horseback but when I
asked what speed I was doing he said I wouldn't register on radar and
nor would the horse unless we carried something reflective to a radar
signal. Shame really as my horses (Icelandics) can cover ground at a
high rate of knots and the speed would have been interesting

stop watch and known marks. Horses can gallop up to about 40mph in short
bursts. Not sure what a flat racer will do..

There are signs all around here saying 'Race Horses for 5 miles' but
none have ever come up to challenge me.