Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Cheeky ******* Pt2 - Latest News

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Tim Downie" wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"Clot" wrote in message

I think we should ensure that cyclists are not allowed to speed
anywhere!

They aren't, they are subject to the same speed limits as cars.

As there is no legal requirement for bicycles to have speedometers
cyclists cannot be charged with speeding.
Wrong. There was a loony cyclist in Cambridge who got done. And

quite right too - it's about expectations.
If I'm stooging along the motorway at 65, look in the mirror, and

decide to overtake as the klod behind is a long way off, my
expectation is that he will still be a long way behind after I've
moved to the fast lane. I don't expect to find him up my exhaust
because the **** was doing 110.

Then you had better watch out in Germany.

Last time I went to Germany I saw three road accidents within a 24hr
period. One was a woman outside our hotel did a U-turn from the kerb
into oncoming traffic.

At 110mph? I take my hat off to her!

Equally an old granny crossing the road is not going to expect to be
knocked over by the 35mph cyclist as she steps into the road.
She will be if she has lived in Cambridge any length of time.

Well there is that. I've seen people knocked into at ped crossings (with
lights at red for the biker). I count myself lucky I never hit a cyclist
while working there; many of them seem to have a death wish.

Its a 'death to everyone else' wish.